Lifecycle Profitability - Process Diagnostic & Design
A hands-on consulting engagement that utilizes Zyom’s ‘Lifecycle Profitability’ framework, the Mozart System and Tools to understand the needs of the company and its entire value chain:
- Understand Operations Goals
- What are Operations execution needs (starting with Goals)?
- Understand “As Is” Operations & Issues
- What is the stage of development/ maturity of the physical Supply Network?
- What are the key pressure points on Manufacturing & Supply Chain Network, Processes & Systems?
- What stage of lifecycle of company and products?
- Understand “To Be” Goals & Constraints
- Upcoming changes in Operations (new CMs added, capacity increase/ reduction)?
- Upcoming lifecycle events (demand growth, new products, product EOL, new markets, existing markets)?
- Identify ‘Gaps’ in current Processes & Systems & Assess Impact
- Is the Supply Network & Operations team equipped for these changes?
- What are the gaps in Processes? Gaps in Systems supporting Operations?
- Potential Impact if gaps are not addressed?
- Benchmark, Prioritize improvement areas & Implement changes
- What specific areas to improve responsiveness to customer demand? Reduce Operational Cost?
- How does the company stack up versus it competitors?
Examples of Process Diagnostic & Design deliverables:
- Early stage Wireless product company experiencing significant growth –
- How to improve reliability of Supply from CMs? Which collaboration processes?
- Maturing Internetworking company facing challenges capturing & servicing Channel demand-
- How to improve forecasts from Distribution Channels?
- What specific gaps in achieving a real-time supply availability picture?
Zyom’s approach to Lifecycle Profitability
This results in:
- Comprehensive understanding of Demand & Supply Network, Changes & Cost drivers
- Better Supply Chain Reliability and Total cost control for different lifecycle phases
- Better Total cost control for upcoming lifecycle events (launches, EOL, etc.)
- Clear definition of roles, collaboration needs (across functions & value chain partners)
- Current Capability gaps (Process & Systems) and quantification of potential benefits
- Roadmap for implementing changes to processes and supporting Systems